Thursday, August 1, 2019

July Stash Report and Goals Recap

July was a big month for stash acquisition. In my defense, though, it wasn't entirely my fault. But I'll gladly take it and I hope to use it all someday.

July was also a good month for making progress on some big long-term projects, my WIVSP hand piecing project and my Dresdens and Checkerboards project.

Let's look at the stats.

July Stash Report:
IN this month: 24-3/8 yards (Connecting Threads order - 15 yards.  CSQ door prize charm pack, 5/8 yard. Gift from Wanda, 8-3/4 yards.) 

OUT this month: 9-1/4 yards (Coral Floral, two flimsies, 3-1/4 yards. Black + White backing - 2-1/4 yards and binding, 3/8 yard. Strings and strips given away - 3-3/8 yards (1.3 pounds).)

IN YTD: 84-3/8 yards
OUT YTD: 63-5/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 20-3/4 yards added to stash

I fully take responsibility for that 15 yard order, but at only $3.44 a yard, that can go toward donation quilts. My stash grew due to the generosity of others, but I also gave away all the leftover strips, strings and off-cuts from my "Goodnight Darlene" quilt. Kevin might be able to use them; I know I never will.

Although I finished some baby quilts, their backings were fleece or flannel, and I never counted those materials into the stash, so I'm not counting them out. I did count the gorgeous paisley for the black+white quilt's backing, both in and out this month.



Goals:
July Recap:
1. Quilt and finish the black + white project.  DONE.
2. Make more checkerboard units for the revised border of the Red Project. Yes, made A LOT of progress on this project this month.
3. Finish the Coral Floral project. Yes, two finished baby quilts. 
4. Participate in 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop. DONE.
5. Keep up with bee blocks and BOMs. DONE.
6. Work on hand stitching WIGSP Piecing Group project. Yes, stitched a lot on it this month! 3/4 of one of the unsewn rows in the photo below is now sewn.
7. Continue working on the collaboration project with friends if possible. Not possible due to scheduling. 
8. Optional: Look through scraps and stash and decide whether to participate in Kevin the Quilter's mystery on a smaller scale. If so, keep up with clues. Yes, I'm playing along, although on a half scale. Made 120 blue four patches.  

Wow, seems like I got a lot done this month. It's been so hot, I've just stayed inside in the air conditioning and sewed.




August Goals:
1. Finish the checkerboard borders and make backing for the Red Project and get everything ready to give to the quilter.
2. Start planning a special girl baby quilt for my niece's baby and kit it up for future off-site sewing.
3. Work on Clue #2 for Kevin's mystery.
4. Work on hand stitching WIGSP Piecing Group project.
5. Continue working on the collaboration project with friends if possible.
6. Look through UFOs and work on one of them; try to get it finished.
7. Keep up with bee blocks and BOMs.



If it stays hot, I should have a lot of indoor time for sewing in August. We'll see what I can get done and if I can make the stash report look any better. 



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the very productive July. Stash refreshing is necessary and you've been using, not just adding. I'm enjoying Kevin's mystery, but I'm still working on clue 1, that's a lot of 4 patches!

    ReplyDelete