Friday, November 15, 2019

Checkerboards and Dresdens Back from the Quilter

I picked up my Checkerboards and Dresdens quilt from the long armer yesterday. I'm so pleased with the quilting! She listened and did exactly what I wanted, and it looks great.



I asked for a variation on continuous curves in the checkerboards that makes kind of a diamond star with a deep curve. I showed her a drawing of it, and she nailed it. She uses a Stattler Stitcher (computer guided) and it came out perfect.

I couldn't be happier with the way the quilting turned out!

Now to get it trimmed, bound, labeled, sleeve added and photographed by the Dec. 6 deadline to enter it in the spring Paducah AQS show.


Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Alycia Quilts, and Wendy's Quilts and More


12 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the simplicity and complexity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glowing Autum colours in your lovely quilt, set off with the "just as you wanted it" quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the entry process - it's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a wonderful vision for the quilting, and it totally paid off! I love that curved design. Are the small squares also ditch stitched, or is that effect just from the curves in the light squares?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo!! So fun to see it finished. I vividly remember when we saw the inspiration quilt. I'm so happy your vision for quilting was executed so perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is just perfect - and that quilting - you had the right idea!!! its perfect for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is GORGEOUS!!!
    And I agree - the quilter nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan, this is beautiful. Love patchwork and Dresdens both - such a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete