November Stash Report:
IN this month: 9-1/4 yards (FQ Sale, 5-3/4 yards. Kona silver and purple, 1-1/2 yards. Scraps gifted by a friend, about 2 yards.)
OUT this month: 11-7/8 yards (Paint Chip Challenge, 1/2 yard. Checkerboard quilt backing and sleeve, 9 yards. Binding, 7/8 yard. Coral prints to friends for collaboration project, 1-1/2 yards.)
IN YTD: 108-1/8 yards
OUT YTD: 131-3/4 yards
YTD Net change: 23-5/8 yards OUT
My goal for the year is to break even or reduce stash. Unless there is some sort of fantabulous sale and a reason for purchasing a huge amount of fabric, it looks like I'll end the year with a stash reduction. Whoo-hoo!
Some of my FQ purchases
Most of November's yardage out is due to backing for the checkerboard quilt. I used the leftover strip from the width to make the sleeve.
Binding the checkerboard quilt
1. Prep Sew Bee It block kits to hand out at STLMQG. Deadline 11/8. DONE. Handed out to those who were present; will hand out the rest at December meeting.
2. Prep collaboration project for group work day. Deadline 11/11. DONE
3. Prep WIGSP kits to hand out at December Piecing group. Deadline 12/2. DONE
4. Plan and work on Secret Sister gift for Sew Bee It. Deadline 12/13. DONE; project is coming along and gift will be ready on time.
5. Keep up with other bee blocks. DONE
WIGSP kits ready to go for Piecing Group
Other (forgot to put on the list last month): When back from the quilter, bind, add sleeve, and label the checkerboard quilt. DONE. Photograph it for show entry. Show entry deadline is 12/6. Not done yet; weather has not cooperated for outdoor photos. I have a plan B for indoor photos.
Checkerboards and Dresden Plates
1. Photograph checkerboard quilt for show entry. Entry deadline 12/6
2. Hand out WIGSP kits at Piecing Group on 12/3
3. Finish gift for Sew Bee It secret santa sister. Deadline 12/14
4. Make potholders for Christmas gift
5. Make progress on Dresden fan medallion project
6. If time permits, quilt the purple CCD quilt
7. Regroup: clean up sewing room, look at WIPS, figure out where I left off and how to continue; set priorities.
8. Keep up with bee blocks and work on WIGSP.
Hopefully I'll be done with deadlines and gifts by mid December, then I can relax. I'm looking forward to that!
Great job on your overall stash reduction for the year!! Best of luck with getting the quilt photos that you need for the show.ReplyDelete