Well, that went quickly. I pieced these squares together as leaders and enders while working on my pixelated project. It went so quickly that I ran out of leaders and enders, so I sewed the rows together. It wasn't quite big enough so I added borders.
With these fabrics this is more of a small child quilt than a baby quilt, not suitable for Operation Shower. I used the splatter print on the back as well as the front.
STLMQG is collecting LEO quilts for first responders to use with young kids in scary situations. I'll give this one to the LEO quilt drive.
I tried something new for me with the quilting in the green borders. I wanted to learn to do ribbon candy, but my practice attempts did not go well. I tried this, and while it's still pretty wobbly, for a first attempt it's not bad.
This quilt came out to about 42 x 52". A quick little finish and a nice break from piecing pixelated blocks.