Friday, April 1, 2022

March Stash Report and Goals Update

I had a light list of goals for March because I knew I'd have some non-quilty things going on. DH and I went to Palm Springs for a few days, and my son and grandson came from Missouri to visit for GS's spring break. A good time was had by all. 

March activities did not include any fabric shopping, so nothing was added to the stash. A couple of tops were finished so I can count out the fabrics that were used in them. 

Blue Strip top inspired by Carla's scraps;
I'm counting only my own fabrics used in it for my stash report. 

March Stash Report: 

IN this month: 0
OUT this month: 5-1/4 yards (Teen Quilt teaching sample, 3 yards. Blue Strip top, my fabrics, 3-1/4 yards.)

IN YTD: 5-1/2 yards
OUT YTD:21-1/2 yards
YTD Net Change:16 yards OUT

I'm definitely reducing my stash so far this year. That will change in April. 

Goals Update: 

March Recap: 

1. Finish prepping kits and lead the project for PCQ Charity Sew Day on Feb. 12. Done; sew day went well.

2. Quilt the blue strip top, bind and finish the quilt. Not done.

3. Finish Winding Ways top for No Shame Train. Done, post to come next week (will figure yardage for next month's stash report).

4. Assemble the coral snake blocks into a flimsy. Progress; blocks are sewn into rows but rows are not sewn together.

Other: 
 - Made new teaching sample top for PCQ Kid Quilt, suitable colors and size for teen girl.
 - Cut strips for more Kid Quilts and for Color Bars quilts; enough light strips for at least 8 more quilt kits are cut. 
 - Created new page under blog header to make charity patterns readily available. 

Teaching sample, kid quilt top in teen girl size and colors

April Goals:

1. Continue working with charity committee to make kits for Color Bars quilts and Kid Quilts. Participate in charity committee prep day Apr. 7 and sew day Apr. 16.

2. Cut and kit up pieces from donated black and white prints for charity quilts to work on at social sewing. 

3. Quilt the blue strip quilt on the club's long arm (booked for Apr. 13)

4. Quilt the lavender kid quilt before April 11. 

5. Travel to Paducah for AQS Show April 26-30; attend the show, visit with friends, and have fun.

These should be do-able. I'm especially looking forward to that last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment