Monday, December 19, 2022

Counting Parts

I usually only work on my Four Patch Shuffle blocks at social sewing. Social sewing is what I call the informal gathering that meets in PCQ's Fiber Arts Room on Wednesdays. Officially, PCQ's Sewing Club has the use of the room on Wednesdays, quilters welcome. We hang out, work on our projects, and go out to lunch. Lately, either we haven't had our Wednesday get together or there's been something else going on in the room, so I haven't made much progress on my Four Patch Shuffle blocks in awhile. 

I put the parts on my design wall to see where I'm at and count how many more I need to make. 


I have enough starter blocks for 8 more of the Orange and Green combo. I also have black and white pieces cut to finish out the blue and yellow blocks whose parts are on the wall. 

Looks like I have some more cutting to do, and definitely more assembly. I'm a little concerned about running out of the solid colors, but they were purchased locally so I can get more if I need to. Hopefully the fabric I have on hand will be sufficient. 

I'm hoping to get back to this project after the new year. However, the Sewing Club has announced classes for beginning sewing on certain Wednesdays, so the room will be closed to all but the class attendees on those days. The Quilt Club officially has the room on Tuesdays, and it's often crowded. So we'll see how things go in the new year; I may occasionally go on Tuesdays, and/or go on fewer Wednesdays when there isn't a class scheduled. Or just meet up for lunch with some of the girls. Anyway, it looks like my Four Patch Shuffle project will be a work in progress for awhile longer. 

I hope to post a tutorial for it in January. Stay tuned...


Linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find you have enough of the solids to get to the size quilt you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors in those blocks. Hopefully you can find some time to work on this project and hang out with your quilting buddies next year. Resets in schedules for a new year are never fun. Have a very happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete