Monday, December 12, 2022

The "Old Lady" Top

In last week's post I mentioned an experiment using floral prints from PCQ's stash, story here. The results are... meh. It's a finished top, but it's a busy mess of pastel florals. 

I'm sure it'll be a nice comfort quilt for someone in Hospice, perhaps an older lady in her 90s. At least the colors are soothing. 

                             

As far as the experiment goes, I've decided not to pursue the idea for PCQ charity committee projects for next year because the club's stash is just too random and the result is just too disappointing. 

I'll prep backing, batting and binding for this top and put it in the To Be Quilted cabinet in the quilting room. Someone else can quilt it, and there are people who like to do bindings, so it'll get finished and donated. 


Link Up: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


8 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be appreciated. So, if the stash is so random, is it back to the drawing board or time to add in some solids to the mix or... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! That is an old lady quilt. I also have made quilts that looked a lot better in my head. Someone will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! maybe a nice floral quilting will bring more life to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add a dark binding to pull out the reds and you will have a popping quilt!! it will be loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think the colors are lovely and I like that the shapes are uneven. It makes it more interesting. I would be tickled to receive such a pretty quilt. I think you'll make someone very happy with it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your disappointment! I agree with Alycia that it needs a "red" binding and backing (if possible) to liven things up. Back to the drawing board for that PCQ stash . . . Quiltdivajulie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of large (large!) flower appliqués (maybe a daisy) added to the top would brighten it up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of a red binding. I think that would frame it nicely! But, you know. Donation quilts are loved for all kinds of reasons. Maybe just because, someone "gave" them something!!

    ReplyDelete