Monday, April 17, 2023

A Few Random Updates

As the title says, this post is very random.  

I finished another block for the Scrappy Celebration group project. The other girls have various blocks in work. I know some of them are a little darker or brighter - grass green and turquoise, lots of pinks - so we'll have a nice blend of midtones and pastels. 


Fellow PCQuilter George finished his "hippy quilt" top. He's been collecting "hippy" fabrics for awhile and wanted a pattern to feature them, so he used Big Print Beauty (info here). You can't see it, but his white-on-white is a cool op-art print. He thinks it doesn't look very hippy but he likes it and he's happy with how it turned out. 


One of the girls who participated in the February and March Community Service sew days finished her Four Patch Variation top. This is one of the kits we put together earlier this year. We found fabrics with sufficient yardage for the borders, then the girls on the committee pulled coordinating prints out of the club's stash. It's a little darker than what I would have chosen to go with that border, but everyone has different taste and we're limited by what's available in the club's stash. This top is ready to move on to the teams who make backings and cut batting. 


One of my April goals was to make a tote bag for my SIL. I asked her to make some of her photographic note cards for me, and I wanted to do something for her in return. She had admired a tote made of the Echinacea print in the PC Creative Art Center display window when she visited in March. I couldn't get the pastel colorway she liked, so I asked her to choose from the available colors and she chose this one. No pattern, I just sketched it out and jotted down some measurements. There's a water bottle pocket and several patch pockets on the inside and a covered panel inside the bottom to keep it rigid. IRL the colors match much better than they do in this photo.


Like I said, a really random post...


Link up: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Those brights in your Scrappy Celebration work so well. Love that bag for your SIL. It looks great. The other random updates all look good too.

    ReplyDelete