Saturday, April 1, 2023

March Stash Report and Goals Update

 March was one of those months where everything finally came to fruition. Projects that were in progress for a long time or were problematic progressed to finished stages. All in all, a very good month, even though not every goal on my list got checked off. 

The best finish: my Snake Quilt in Coral, aka Candy Land. 22 months in work and finally finished. 

Fabric shopping with friends and some on-line orders meant significant additions to my stash, but the acquisitions were more than offset by the outgoing yardage amount. The Chisel project that has given me so much trouble is now a finished flimsy so I can count that fabric out; separate post to come. And because I cut some of the fabrics going the wrong way, there's enough extra blocks and cut parts for another whole quilt. I'm so sick of this project that I don't want to see it or work on it any more, so I kitted up all the leftovers, added a photo and some notes, and I'll donate the kit to PCQ's Adopt-a-Quilt program, so I'm counting that fabric out, too. Finally, I finished the daisy print four patch top, so I can count out the fabrics used in it that came from my own stash.   


March Stash Report:

IN this month: 10 yards (Shopping with Karen and Jeri, 5-1/4 yards.  FQS order, 3 yards. Hancock's of Paducah order, 1 yard. Shopping with Robin, 3/4 yard. )
OUT this month: 19-5/8 yards (Backing for Snake Quilt, 5 yards. Binding for same, 5/8 yards. Daisy print top, my fabrics, 2-1/2 yards.  Chisel top, 5-3/4 yards. Chisel parts donated as an Adopt-a-Quilt kit, also 5-3/4 yards. )

IN YTD: 10 yards
OUT YTD: 37 yards
YTD Net Change: 27 yards OUT

I'll be going to a retreat next week so one of my March goals involved planning for it. I still have some prep to work on. I'm planning to take a UFO from before I moved, as well as the flying geese project I've been cutting for. 


A friend who's also going put together a small group to work on Scrappy Celebration together for a charity quilt. We pulled some fabrics and we'll take that along, too. Pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting, April 2023.

Goals Update: 

March Recap:
1. Finish Quilting Candy Land. DONE, plus it's quilted and bound, completely finished. 

2. Finish piecing Chisel project. Top is done; leftover parts facing the other direction are kitted up as an Adopt-a-Quilt donation. 

3. Plan and prep for April retreat. Progress; projects planned, fabric ordered, UFO selected. Working on kitting up projects. 

4. Make a small Mariner's Compass wall hanging for a specific wall space in the sewing room. No. Dropped this project entirely; I moved some things around in the sewing room and this is no longer needed. 

5. Plan and cut for a new project to piece at social sewing. Yes, a new flying geese project that I'm taking to the retreat likely will not be finished there and I can finish it at social sewing. 

6. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. No, did not get time booked on the long arm this month, but I do have a firm date on the calendar for April. 

April Goals: 
1. Finish prepping and packing for retreat and have fun there.

2. Plan a backing for something for Kelly Young's upcoming book promotion.

3. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. Book time slots for May and June. 

4. Make tote bag for Jackie.

5. Finish at least one of the tops I'm taking to work on at retreat.

6. Make blocks for Scrappy Celebration small group project.

I'm looking forward to these projects and the retreat! And I'm glad to be done with this project, the Chisel top. 




2 comments:

  1. Hooray for finishing up the long term and troublesome projects. I hope you have a great time at the retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good March with some fun finishes. Good luck with your goals for April.

    ReplyDelete