Monday, June 12, 2023

New Project

 I so enjoyed making individual blocks for Scrappy Celebration that I've decided to start a new project, just making blocks until I have enough to puzzle together for a quilt top. I pulled some fabrics that I absolutely love together, and the quilt I make with them will probably stay with me. 

I have two yards each of the license plate print, khaki Grunge, tomato Grunge, and the ivory netting print. More of the bright turquoise is on order. Most of the others are leftovers, partial backing offcuts, or smaller cuts. Plenty of variety to play with, but a cohesive palette together. 

My plan is to make three 15" blocks, a few 12" blocks, several 9" blocks, and puzzle it all together with 6" blocks and 3" units or squares. Here are the parts for the first block: 


So far I've made two 15" blocks. I'm thinking that each block will have at least a little of the khaki and the license plate print, but everything else can vary. 


No pattern. No timeline, no deadline. Just making blocks whenever the mood strikes. Sounds good to me!

This project needs a name. Any suggestions? 


5 comments:

  1. I really like the license plate fabric and how it connects to the rest of the fabrics, so having a bit of it in every block is going to really pull the quilt together. Riffing ideas off of that print, how about Road Trip, or Taking the Long Way, or Sunday Drive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about license to sew. It is going to be a great quilt. dorthac at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the names suggested and immediately thought “Sew License”. Or “License to Play”. Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color palette you've picked. If all your blocks are going to be star variations, Travel to the Stars might work. Definitely a fun project for stitching on those hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds super good! and those are Great blocks!!
    "license to chill" ?

    ReplyDelete