Friday, June 16, 2023

Scrappy Friendship Stars

Introducing another pattern for PCQ's charity quilts, Scrappy Friendship Stars. Our June sew day is this weekend, and we have kits prepped and ready to sew. I think this one will be very popular, because some of the people who helped make the kits have already started sewing theirs. 

The top is planned for a twin bed and measures 72 x 90". The blocks are oversized, 18", and go together quickly.


I made the prototype using batiks from my own stash, but from what I've seen of the kits so far, this pattern seems to be working quite well in the prints we have in the club's stash. 

The pattern is posted to the Free Charity Quilt Patterns tab above. It's easy to kit up, and it goes together quickly and easily. Anyone who can make half square triangles and sew a nine patch can make this top.


The charity quilt patterns were designed to be included in kits packaged up for sewers to work on at our Community Sew Days, and the quilts we make go to the charities supported by PCQ. If your guild or group would like to use any of these patterns for donation quilts, and you'd like a PDF of one or more of the patterns, leave a comment. PLEASE TYPE YOUR WHOLE EMAIL ADDRESS WITHIN THE TEXT OF YOUR COMMENT, otherwise I have no way to send your pattern to you. 

I'm looking forward to the sew day and seeing these Scrappy Friendship Star quilts come together. 


Link up: Alycia Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Love those scrappy friendship stars! I have lots of scrappy friends, …uh I mean friends who like scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If people who helped make the kits are already sewing, I think you are right that this will be popular one. Have fun at the sew day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a copy of the pdf. I am planning another group charity event and this looks perfect. I really appreciate your generosity. Email is blpcruzn at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look like fun marie.home@dranttel.com
    thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the alternating neutral and dark stars. I hope you'll post some of the quilts from your sew day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THose look so pretty! and and 18 inch block is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete