PC's Creative Arts building has been closed most of the month for maintenance, so no social sewing. The fitness center has been closed for refurbishing all month and won't reopen until October. I went out to lunch with friends a couple of times, but other than that, it's the season for cabin fever here.
DH and I did take a little weekend trip up to a cooler area and I visited a very nice quilt shop, Pine Top Star. So of course, some fabric had to come home with me.
I should probably add Write Blog Posts as another goal. I have a couple projects that need to be photographed so I can post about them. It's hard to get good photos with the intense sun and the wind here now.
Since I spent so much time on quilting-related things, what did I accomplish?
I pieced the back and the batting for the floral X and Plus quilt which goes on the long arm tomorrow morning. I quilted and donated the second Mary's Triangles quilt. I finished the Christmas Tree for my son, which involved a lot of quilting on my domestic machine. I started a new scrappy project involving triangles and stacked coins. I pulled a palette for another project that I'm thinking about called Checkered Garden.
The 2nd Mary's Triangles quilt
With all the fabric ins and outs, let's see how my stash report looks.
August Stash Report
IN this month: 10 yards (5-1/2 yards from Bob's Variety. 4-1/2 yards from Pinetop Star QS. )
OUT this month: 9-1/2 yards (Backing for second Mary's Triangles quilt, 1-1/2 yards; Binding, 1/2 yard. Christmas Tree back and sleeves, 2 yards; Binding, 1/2 yard; Case with pockets, 1 yard. Backing for Floral X and Plus, 4 yards.)
OUT this month: 9-1/2 yards (Backing for second Mary's Triangles quilt, 1-1/2 yards; Binding, 1/2 yard. Christmas Tree back and sleeves, 2 yards; Binding, 1/2 yard; Case with pockets, 1 yard. Backing for Floral X and Plus, 4 yards.)
IN YTD: 83-1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 86-3/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 3-1/2 yards OUT.
OUT YTD: 86-3/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 3-1/2 yards OUT.
Moving in the right direction!
Since I knew I'd have a lot of sewing time, I had a lot on my goals list. I made a lot of progress, and as usual I started something new....
New triangles and stacked coins project
August Goals Update
July Recap:
1. Bind and donate the two purple wheelchair quilts. DONE
2. Make backing for the second Mary's Triangles project and find or piece batting. DONE, also quilted, finished and donated.
3. Make progress on the walking foot quilting on the Kaffe Gradient project. No. I did a lot of other walking foot and FMQ on my domestic machine this month, but didn't touch this.
4. Get Christmas print fabric for backing, sleeves and storage bag for the tree project. Talk to Gary about dowels. Yes, tree quilt is quilted and finished except for the final few hanging loops. Gary made the dowels and hooks for hanging it. I made the presentation case/storage bag. Gary is making a pottery star for the top which needs to be glazed and fired when the CAC reopens.
5. Add borders to DJ2. DONE.
6. Pull "Found" UFO and determine next steps. DONE. It just needed borders, which were cut and included in the project box. It's now a finished flimsy. Also found/pieced backing for it.
7. Piece batting together for X and Plus quilt. DONE.
Other:
- Started new scrappy Broken Dishes and Coins quilt.
- Added coping strips to Edna's veterans quilt that needs to have bad quilting removed and go back on the long arm.
Eric's Christmas Tree
September Goals:
1. Work with Edna to remove bad quilting and re-quilt the veteran's quilt.
2. Quilt and finish the floral X and Plus quilt.
3. Quilt and finish the found UFO quilt.
4. Make backing for the teal Diabolical Jane quilt.
5. Work on the Triangles and Coins project.
6. Work on the other new scrappy piecing project, Checkered Garden inspired by Linda of Kokaquilts.
7. Plan a long term and complicated project for future sewing.
8. Make progress on the walking foot quilting on the Kaffe Gradient quilt.
2nd Diabolical Jane top
Hopefully all that will keep me busy during another hot month!
No comments:
Post a Comment