I pulled fabrics from my scraps and stash in these colors, made triangles, and put them on the wall.
Oh, no, this is awful. It's much worse in real life than it is in the photo. Just a horrible assortment, very hard on the eyes.
The problem isn't the concept, it's the color palette. Even though the colors were selected to be similar to the inspiration photo, I just don't like it.
To salvage the project, I took away all the triangles that had any red or orange in them, which was about a third of them. Then I made more triangles using only teals and yellow-greens. When I put them on the wall, I changed up the columns slightly.
I like this much better.
Rather than columns of stacked coins like the original, I think I'll look for one fabric that will work for the alternate columns.
Linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


No comments:
Post a Comment