Sunday, July 28, 2013

A small top assembled

I belong to the "Sew Bee It" bee of STLMQG. One of the goals of this bee is to learn or try new techniques. My turn to hand out the project was in April, and I gave everyone two Drunkards Path units to piece.  Most had never done any curved piecing. The pieces were all cut out and marked for hand-piecing if anyone was so inclined.  Everyone chose to machine piece them and they all came out fine.  I finally got them assembled into this little top, 24".  It will become either a wall hanging or a cushion when complete.
Drunkards Path

Plans for this week:  Finish the top of Charmed Showballs.  I'll show progress on Design Wall Monday tomorrow. 

Stash report - The yardage for the Drunkards Path bee blocks was already counted.  So far for July, no yardage in, WHOO-HOO!!!  I think it's the first month this year I haven't acquired any new fabric! Lots of sewing this month and some yardage to count as used so I'm doing OK this month, if I can just hold out and not buy anything for a few more days. I'll tally the total ins & outs at the end of July and post actual numbers next week.  Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out how others are managing their stashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sorry to have to use word verification, but the spam has gotten unbearable lately.