Monday, October 5, 2015


While I was on vacation I worked on the sashing for the QF BOM main blocks from last year. I was able to get all the sashing parts made, the blocks sewn into rows, and the sashing sewn into rows. Here they are today on my design wall:
One of the blocks really bugged me, which is why I didn't sew the rows together while I was away. Check out the red block, second row on the right in the photo below. You can't miss it.
See how all that red just jumps out as one big red blob? I couldn't get past that so I knew I needed to fix it. I replaced the center square with a patch that contrasts better. It's still the brightest block, but now it's much better.
I'm much happier with it. I'm hoping to get these rows sewn together this week and maybe start on the outer border.
Check out everyone else's design walls over at Patchwork Times.


  1. Taking the time to be honest with myself and fixing something that bothers me can make a huge difference in how I feel about a quilt. I do like the darker contrast in the center now.

  2. Isn't it amazing how some little something like that can stop us dead in our tracks. Better to fix it than regret it later!

  3. I agree with your "fix"... Now the block really pops. Your sashing really sets the blocks off nicely. Great pattern!

  4. It's such a pain to fix those situations, but it's always better to bite the bullet. Your fix looks great.