Wednesday, October 14, 2015

One down, three to go...

 
Mitered corner with matched print. Not bad, huh?
Let's see if I can make the rest of them come out like this.
 
Oh, and by the way, I ended up keeping the dark brown stop border at 1-1/2" wide. I didn't want it to be the same 1" width as the sashing components, and I was afraid if I went any narrower than 1" that I couldn't keep it looking straight enough when I attached the outer border.
 
Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts and WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

8 comments:

  1. Great job on that corner -- I always love how those corner medallions come out, but they sure can be a challenge sometimes. Good luck on the other three! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I hope the other 3 come together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work-I love the border fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like a professional! But if you have my luck, the 4th corner will be a bummer ... just sayin' .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. Do you plan the miters at the corners and then make a seam somewhere in the middle of the side to make all the corners look alike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful but it must be a real challenge to achieve such perfection. Does make a wonderful frame though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those miters are simply amazing. It just looks like one continuous design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You can't even see the seam in the photo! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete