I'm back! I've been under the weather with a virus, but I think I'm finally starting to get better now. I didn't even set foot in the sewing room for a week. That's got to be a record for me!
Before I got sick I was working on FMQing my green & white quilt. While I had the machine and table set up for free motion work, I decided to work on my Pickle dish quilt. All the SID work and outlining the rings is done; the next step is to stipple in all the background areas. Here's how it looked with the rings done:
Stippling the background areas isn't hard, it's just a lot of starts and stops. Plus I still don't have much energy, and wrestling this quilt under the needle is tiring. I've been able to get four of the big diamond centers and several of the "eyes" done.
I'm using dark green thread to match the background of the floral print. The quilting hardly shows up, but it provides great texture. You have to look closely to even see the quilting.
The diamond areas are big, about 13" point-to-point and 5-1/2" side to side, much too large to leave them unquilted. The stippling flattens the background and allows the rings to pop. It does add stiffness and diminishes the overall drapiness of the quilt, but that's okay.
As you can see in the top photo, there's a lot of area that needs to be stippled, so it'll take me awhile. No rush. This quilt has been in the works for about 18 months now, with progress each month. However long it takes, it'll be worth it. This quilt is for me to keep.
Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts