Monday, May 13, 2019

Paper Piecing and More

At the STLMQG meeting on Saturday they announced the color spoke BOM skill for this month: paper piecing. Since this is an ongoing BOM, I'm making varied blocks in 12", 9" and 6" sizes with 3" filler blocks and I'll puzzle them all together later. My color is Yellow-Green. 

I've always admired Pineapple blocks but never wanted to commit to making enough for a whole quilt. This would be a great project to try a Pineapple block and get it out of my system. 

I printed off a foundation for a 6" block from EQ7. I made one test block, and it turned out pretty well. Then I decided to make three more. It's actually easier to chain piece more than one at a time. 

Fold. Align. Sew. Press. Trim. Repeat, around and around. 

In other STLMQG news, we had a huge turnout for the "No Excuses" challenge. Some of the quilts were amazing! Mine (see previous post below) was accepted for our quilt show in July, so I turned it in to the show coordinator. 

The Mineral Plus quilt is still on my design wall. I have about four more row seams to go until it's a finished flimsy. But row seams are boring and it was much more interesting to spend my time in the sewing room yesterday playing with Pineapple blocks. I'll get Mineral Plus finished to a flimsy this week. 

Also this week I'll bind the snake quilt. I hope to have it finished to show here Friday, and I'll take it to the CSQ meeting next week. 


Link ups: 


4 comments:

  1. I love the pineapple block but have never made one. I'll have to check back and see where you place in. We are almost neighbors, I live in Grafton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many more pineapple blocks you will make and what they will become! They are so pretty. I used the creative grids pineapple trim tool to do some, kinda fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Sea Glass being chosen to display in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapple blocks look great! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward!

    ReplyDelete