I've always admired Pineapple blocks but never wanted to commit to making enough for a whole quilt. This would be a great project to try a Pineapple block and get it out of my system.
I printed off a foundation for a 6" block from EQ7. I made one test block, and it turned out pretty well. Then I decided to make three more. It's actually easier to chain piece more than one at a time.
Fold. Align. Sew. Press. Trim. Repeat, around and around.
In other STLMQG news, we had a huge turnout for the "No Excuses" challenge. Some of the quilts were amazing! Mine (see previous post below) was accepted for our quilt show in July, so I turned it in to the show coordinator.
The Mineral Plus quilt is still on my design wall. I have about four more row seams to go until it's a finished flimsy. But row seams are boring and it was much more interesting to spend my time in the sewing room yesterday playing with Pineapple blocks. I'll get Mineral Plus finished to a flimsy this week.
Also this week I'll bind the snake quilt. I hope to have it finished to show here Friday, and I'll take it to the CSQ meeting next week.