After joining them together and squaring up, I ended up with this piece measuring about 41" by 51".
Since the design wall is occupied, the closet door will have to do. Please pardon the blue tape.
41 by 51" is a little small for a lap quilt so I'll think about adding a border. I'll see what I can find in my stash; surely there's something that'll go with all these colors. Meanwhile I don't want to handle it too much - there's a lot of seams and until I can get the edges staystitched and a border added, I don't want it to fray apart too much.
I do like how well all the colors ended up playing nicely together. I started with such a random pile of strips that it could have been a mess. The black and white connectors definitely help. My husband really likes this, which surprised me that he would go for something so wildly colorful, but he spontaneously admired it hanging on the door. It's so not his usual color palette!
It's destined to be a donation quilt. Fun to make, to enjoy the experience of figuring out what to do with the big baggie of strips, and just mindless sewing. It's very satisfying to see it come together into a whole that's better than the sum of its parts.