Friday, June 3, 2022

May Stash Report and Goals Update

I had hoped for a big flimsy finish in May and I didn't have plans for any fabric shopping, so I figured my stash report would look pretty good. Even though a bit of fabric shopping happened, it does. And the finish feels very satisfying, my coral snake quilt top, now known as Candyland.


Other finishes this month used mostly PCQ's fabrics or donated fabrics. Blue Bars contains a few of my personal scraps as well as scraps and strips from the club, with their fabrics used for the blue and the backing. 


May Stash Report: 

IN this month: 6 yards (Bob's of Sun City, 6 yards)
OUT this month: 10-1/4 yards (Snake Flimsy, bkgd 6-3/8 yards, arcs 3-1/4 yards. Blue Bars donation quilt, my fabrics, 5/8 yard.)

IN YTD: 31 yards
OUT YTD: 46-1/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 15-1/8 yards OUT

I've been doing a lot of sewing and I've been productive, but most of it has been for donation quilts using fabric from the club's stash. I never count their fabric, or fabric that has been donated for charity quilts, in my stash report since it's not mine. 

Speaking of being productive, I finished the Bolt of Lightning quilt which will go to the local family services agency and will be given to a teen who has experienced sexual violence. 


I started working on my Charley Harper pillows, but ran out of thread for quilting the pillow backs and also I needed pillow forms and zippers. So I had to make a trip to the big box store, ugh. I needed batting for Candyland which I thought I could get there as well, but it was much cheaper to order it online. So a frustrating trip to the store and a delay in basting Candyland. The pillows are on my list to work on in June. DH keeps asking when they're going to be done. 


Goals Update: 

May Recap:

1. Prep for and teach glue-basted binding class on May 12.  DONE. Class was well received and another one is scheduled for August. 

2. Prep backing and batting for the blue Color Bars top. Quilt it on the club's long arm. Bind and label it.  DONE and donated.

3. Finish the coral snake quilt top. Prep backing. DONE.

4. Work on something from my UFO list for No Shame Train. NO, did not work on No Shame Train items, but finished WIPs, Blue Color Bars and Bolt of Lightning donation quilts. 

5. Participate in PCQ Community Service sew day. Done; bound Blue Color Bars and another charity quilt made by someone else. 

6. Read through the new cross-body bag pattern and plan fabrics. Order stabilizers and interlinings. Not done.

7. If time permits, make two new pillows for family room. Progress: Charley Harper fabrics have been quilted, ready to construct pillow covers. 

Other: Cut, kitted up, and pieced Steppers donation quilt at social sewing, pattern from Alycia Quilts, fabric from PCQ and donated.



June Goals: 

1. Quilt and bind Steppers.

2. Finish the Charley Harper pillows

3. Work on something from my UFO list for No Shame Train. 

4. Baste the coral snake quilt, now named Candyland, on the long arm

5. Read through the new cross-body bag pattern and plan fabrics. Order stabilizers and interlinings. 

6. Plan a Kool Kaleidoscope project to work on at retreat in July. 

That ought to keep me busy. I need to keep in mind other projects to work on at retreat, but I have two UFOs kitted up from a few years ago, simple piecing, so I can take those along. 

Since I go to social sewing every week and I sew at home a lot, it's amazing how quickly donation quilts are getting done. It's hot here now, in the 100s every day, so it's indoor season. I can stay in the air conditioning and sew. 


Link Ups: Alycia Quilts, TGIFF



4 comments:

  1. Wow! That Candyland quilt is quite impressive! Lots of twists and turns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great month.
    and tell Hubby - this is his lesson in patience hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candyland sounds so much nicer than coral snake. Lots of progress on most of your list. I need to prep for a 4 day quilt retreat starting this Thurs.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of your very long coral snake/Candyland. Talk about opposites in names. Coral snakes are so poisonous! Do you have them in CA? I heard many stories of people finding them under their water heaters. Congrats on losing so much fabric on good projects. I bow to you. I wish I had your energy. Robin K. quiltyladyrr. At gmail. Dot com.
    .

    ReplyDelete