I started a project thinking I'd work on it at social sewing but I think I'll take it to retreat instead.
The new project has a really pretty palette that I've used before, analogous colors ranging from lime green to teal. I have a lot of prints using these colors in my stash, mostly small pieces and a few half yard cuts. So this will be semi-scrappy. I've been working a lot with black and white lately, and this palette is a refreshing change.
The plan is sort of a round robin concept, except I'm making all the rounds myself. I've been working with strips a lot lately and I'm ready for a change, something with more complicated blocks. So I did some planning in EQ.
Aside: Normally I take photos for this blog using my phone, but its camera can't handle yellow greens. They all come out brownish. My old point-and-shoot camera can handle the color well, but always takes blurry photos; they never come out crisp. So I have a combination of bad color and slightly blurry photos for your viewing enjoyment today.
Here's the palette, which looks much prettier in real life than in this phone photo:
The plan is to start with the Dresden Plate center and build the blocks around it.