Thursday, June 30, 2022

June Stash Report and Goals Update

 June was a big month for fabric acquisitions, but I'm still at the break-even point for the year. I bought a lot of fabric for a specific project, and can't count it out until the top is finished. Some of the finishes I had in June used PCQ's fabric or donated fabric which don't count in my stash. 

I'm doing better at finishing Carla's UFOs than I am at finishing my own. Together we finished the Tangerine Quarter Cabins on Point quilt, story in tomorrow's post. 

Tangerine Quarter Cabins on Point (Carla's blocks, top finished by me) 

June Stash Report: 

IN this month: 18 yards (Connecting Threads order, 5 yards. Grunge colors for 3-D project, 9 yards. B+W binding fabrics, 4 yards.)
OUT this month: 3 yards (Steppers, my fabric, 1/2 yard. Tangerine for Quarter Cabins on Point, 2 yards. Binding, 1/2 yard.)

IN YTD: 49 yards
OUT YTD: 49-1/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 1/8 yard out

My goal for the year is to break even or reduce the stash. This is pretty darn close for the first half of the year. 

Since I don't count donated fabrics, finishes using them don't reduce my stash. But it's nice to recap finishes here, too. This month I finished and donated Steppers using black and white prints gifted by Julie and PCQ's teal; pattern by Alycia. Thank you all. 

Steppers, donated to local agency serving victims of sexual abuse

Goals Update:

June Recap: 

1. Quilt and bind Steppers. Done and donated.

2. Finish the Charley Harper pillows. Done.

3. Work on something from my UFO list for No Shame Train. Not from my own UFO list, but used donated blocks and strips to finish the Tangerine Quarter Cabins flimsy. Quilted it with Carla. 

4. Baste the coral snake quilt, now named Candyland, on the long arm. I'm counting this as done because as I write this post this morning June 30, I'm booked on the long arm this afternoon and I have everything prepped and ready to go to baste Candyland. 

5. Read through the new cross-body bag pattern and plan fabrics. Order stabilizers and interlinings. Not done. 

6. Plan a Kool Kaleidoscope project to work on at retreat in July.  Abandoned this idea in favor of something else, two projects that are in the palette, planning and cutting stage.

Pillow for DH in Charley Harper quail print

July Goals: 

1. Cut for 3-D project to work on at retreat. 

2. Plan and cut for Dresden Medallion project to work on at retreat. 

3. Quilt and bind twin bed quilt for Natalie's House.

4. Start quilting Candyland.

5. Make progress on the Stack-N-Whack UFO.

6. Read through the new cross-body bag pattern and plan fabrics. Order stabilizers and interlinings.

7. Work on something from my own UFO list for No Shame Train. 

8. Have fun at retreat.

Lots of varied projects to work on in July, but a 4 day retreat will provide lots of time to work on them. Looks like I have some planning and packing to do in order to meet goal number 8! 




No comments:

Post a Comment