Sunday, October 2, 2022

September Stash Report and Goals Update

Well, September was a busy month, but not good for my stash report. Really, I'm not complaining. Sometimes a refresh is needed. And when a quilter's estate is offered and there's good stuff, you have to take advantage, right? 

I finished a top, and I usually count fabric out of my stash when a top is finished, and then when the quilt is completely finished and bound. But the fabrics for this quilt were donated so I don't count them as mine. And the mini charms and scraps were never counted into my stash so they aren't counted out, either. 


 I also finished two UFOs, but the backings came from PCQ so I'm not counting that, either. 




Stash Report: 

IN this month: 20-1/2 yards (Connecting Threads order, 6 yards.  Quilter's estate sale, 14-1/2 yards.)
OUT this month: 8-1/4 yards (Hot race quilt,  8-1/4 yards. Story coming soon)

IN YTD: 78-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 71-7/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 6-3/4 yards added

I'll need some finishes using my own fabrics to break even for the year. 

I spent a lot of time this month working on long term projects and moving them forward. The quilting on CandyLand is slow going - a lot of long lines with the walking foot, with lots of starts and stops. Eventually the grid behind the "snake" will be about 7/8". At the rate I'm going, it will take a few more months. The small squares here are at the 1-3/4" stage and I have a lot more passes to finish this stage. 

I also made good progress on the Cube Challenge project. All the rows are fully pieced with their backgrounds, and I've sewn about half of the long seams. Lots of careful matching and pinning in those long seams! There will be wide side borders of the background fabric added later to make the quilt 96" square. 

Goals Update: 

September Recap: 

1. Continue quilting Candyland.  Progress. 

2. Continue piecing the cube challenge project. Progress.

3. Work on a charity quilt from Quilt Diva Julie's donated black and white fabrics. Done - Top finished.

4. Write and post a tutorial for So Inclined. No, I've abandoned this. 

5. Quilt something on the long arm. No, couldn't get on the long arm schedule this month. I'm booked for Oct. 7.

Other:  DrEAMi * - Hot Race top, story coming soon. 


October Goals: 

1. Continue quilting CandyLand

2. Continue piecing the cube project; start looking for a long arm quilter to custom quilt it.

3. Quilt the hot race quilt on the club's long arm.

4. Piece a charity quilt top from the race leftovers.

5. Plan a new charity quilt to work on at social sewing.

There are some charity sewing events scheduled for a couple of the Wednesdays I go to social sewing, so I'll be working on those projects instead of my own project. Technically Wednesday is Sewing Club day in the Fiber Arts Room, but quilters are welcome. Since I usually go hang out there on Wednesdays (and go to lunch with the girls), I feel an obligation to participate in the Sewing Club's charity projects. We're making felt Christmas stockings and Little Dresses from the Heart. 

Should be a busy month!


* DRop Everything And Make It, hosted by Sandra at MMM Quilts






4 comments:

  1. I am glad that quilting progress is moving forward with CandyLand; I hope that means the fix to your machine was quick and relatively painless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 1/2 yards…..must have been a great estate sale 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of great projects happening here. I love the pops of color in the black/white quilt. The 3D quilt is on my bucket list. I found that pattern in a local library book but haven't tackled it yet. Glad you had a big score at an estate sale. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great finishes and more great WIPs. I couldn't pass up an estate sale either!! There are so many worse ways to spend our money:)

    ReplyDelete