I thought I'd be posting soon about a finish from PCQ's latest community service sew day, my twin size top with the daisy print border. I took outdoor photos on a nice slightly overcast day; the light was good.
And then when I was looking at the photos I noticed a problem. Blocks in one column got turned the wrong way. I guess I'll be spending some time with my seam ripper to fix this.
I know exactly how this happened. There was a lot of activity going on and the room was noisy. Someone asked me something and I couldn't hear the question, so I got up and went to her. Usually I have the block or row that the new block is being sewn to on my left thigh and the block to be added on my right thigh, both sides stacked up in the right order top to bottom. When I got up and set the pile from my right thigh aside, then came back and picked it up to work again, I must have gotten it turned 90 degrees. I should have thought to check the orientation then, but I didn't, so now I get to unsew the row and fix it.
And that's why I don't like to cut or work on complicated projects in social sewing situations. I'm easily distracted or I get to chatting, and then something as easy-peasy as this gets messed up.
Maybe I'll get it fixed this week, we'll see.
Link Up: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
I'm sorry you didn't catch it sooner, but I'm also glad you didn't quilt it before you saw it!ReplyDelete
Blocks are so sneaky -- they can twist themselves around as to take them from the design wall to the cutting table. I know that some quilters would say to leave them, but I, too, would have to rip and re-sew.ReplyDelete
Yup, this one needs to be fixed. At least it is the whole column . . . QuiltdivajulieReplyDelete
At least you caught it before it was quilted. Even sitting alone in the sewing room it can be hard to remember to check the orientation.ReplyDelete