Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February Stash Report and Goals Update

 So far this year I'm doing well with using the stash, and I haven't bought any new fabric yet. That will have to change soon because I need red solid for a small Mariner's Compass project that's on the to-do list. 

The Cube Challenge was finished this month but the fabrics for the top and the binding were already counted. I cut the binding at the same time I cut the dark background, so I didn't count it separately. I never counted the backing fabric into the stash because I sent it out to the long armer right away so there's no need to count it out of the stash now. 


February Stash Report

IN this month: 0
OUT this month: 5-3/8 yards (Four Patch Shuffle top, 4-3/4 yards. Sashing border added to Spinner top, 5/8 yard.)

IN YTD: 0
OUT YTD: 17-3/8 yards

YTD Net Change: 17-3/8 yards OUT

Goals Update: 

February Recap:

1. Bind jelly roll race quilt. Done and donated to the local family services agency.

2. Continue quilting Candy Land. Progress. All the crosshatching is done and I'm working on edgestitching around the snakes. 

3. Continue piecing Chisel project. Progress. Setbacks required changes of plan but now I have the blocks pieced and kitted up into rows

4. Continue working on plans for prep days and sew days for PCQ charity projects. Yes, we had a really good prep day for the February project and a well-attended sew day. At the Feb. prep day we were even able to begin some of the prep for the April project. 

5. Make a table topper for new sewing room cabinet. Done, no photo, it's just plain fabric. 

6. Make a small Mariner's Compass wall hanging for a specific wall space in the sewing room. No, did not get to this. Need solid red fabric. 

7. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. No, did not get time booked on the long arm this month. 

Plan C

It seems like I was busy this month but there's not much to show for it. I spent a lot of time with my seam ripper on the chisel project when I found that Plan B didn't work and I had to move on to Plan C (see previous post).

March Goals: 

1. Finish Quilting Candy Land.

2. Finish piecing the Chisel project.

3. Plan and prep for April retreat.

4. Make a small Mariner's Compass wall hanging for a specific wall space in the sewing room. 

5. Plan and cut for a new project to piece at social sewing.

6. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. 

It would be nice to finally finish the quilting on Candy Land. I can probably get the Chisel project top finished at a couple of sessions of social sewing. But the highest priority for March will be prepping for an early April retreat. I like to have projects cut and kitted up so I don't have to cut when I'm in a social sewing situation. I make too many cutting mistakes when I try to do that! 

No social sewing this week because there's a class going on in the room that day. Also, I'm having guests next week so there won't be much sewing going on while I clean up the sewing room and convert it to guest room mode. And of course no sewing while they're here. So if I don't post for a few days, you'll understand why. 


1 comment:

  1. You did pretty well considering February is such a short month. Sorry you had to change plans on the Chisel project. I like plan C, those neutrals do break up the business. Good luck with your plans for March.

    ReplyDelete