Friday, March 31, 2023

Daisy Print Top, Fixed

I'm glad I caught the problem with the Daisy Four Patch top I posted about Monday. It's fixed, and now I have a finished top. 

I took the time to fix it because the four patches create such strong diagonals and the ones turned the wrong way really stood out. 

The daisy print used in the border drove the palette. The daisy print and the solid blue in the four patches came from PCQ, the rest from my stash. That white and blue batik in the four patches has been in my stash for a while, and this is the perfect use for it. This top is one of the kits I put together for PCQ's community service sew day; I nabbed this kit to work on myself because I like the fabrics so much and put some of my own into it.


This top is big enough for a twin bed, and the quilt will eventually go to a young girl in foster care at a group home called Natalie's House. But first I need to find enough fabric to cobble together a backing for it. I don't have anything suitable left in my stash. The fabrics left in the club's stash of blues are all muddy 1990's country blues that don't play nice with these cheerful colors. Same with the greens. And there's hardly any yellow. I'll have to see what I can come up with. 


For as simple as the four patch is, it turned out to be a pretty top. And it matches our brilliant Arizona sky. 

Link Ups: Alycia Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Wendy's Quilts and More

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to get it corrected and fixed; the pattern is striking. And it does match the brilliant sky. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun easy pattern. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on such a pretty and fresh finish. It's such a pain to fix errors, but it always feels good to get them corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun finish! and you are right - the 4 patches create an interesting diagonal!

    ReplyDelete