Friday, July 7, 2023

Four Patch Shuffle, Finished

 Back in the winter I made my Four Patch Shuffle top but it has remained a UFO ever since. 

The hold up was finding backing fabric for it. I finally broke down and ordered backing fabric when I found the perfect print when Connecting Threads (no affiliation) had a sale last month. Big polka dots in all the right colors! 

I had time booked on PCQ's long arm so I finally got this top quilted. I just gave it a simple allover meander using white thread. 

I'm glad I waited for this backing. It's perfect! And I couldn't resist finishing the edge with black and white striped binding. 

Four Patch Shuffle was made from starter blocks, simple framed squares, that were cut into quarters. The parts were then shuffled and reassembled into the two blocks used, one orange/green and the other yellow/blue. I posted a tutorial here.

I'm glad to have this finally finished. I thought of keeping it for a sample and teaching the pattern at a PCQ class. But I'll be teaching a six-session color workshop starting in August, and that's a huge teaching commitment, so I think I'll pass on teaching this pattern for now. 

This will be a donation quilt, and since it's boy colors it will go to the local family services agency that recently advised us of their need for quilts for older boys. It measures 56" x 72", big enough for a teen sized throw. It looks pixilated, reminding me of older video games. Perfect for a guy! 


Linking up with Alycia Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Wendy's Quilts and More, and My Quilt Infatuation


6 comments:

  1. Great quilt, and great backing fabric, an inspired choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Quilt! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That polka dot fabric is perfect! Good thing you waited till the right one came along. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. That polka dot backing is perfect! Congrats on a fun finish. Some teenage boy is going to love it (as much as teenage boys appreciate such things).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The backing is perfect and I love the stripe binding. Sounds like this one was finished just in time, too, given the request by the local family services agency.

    ReplyDelete