Friday, July 28, 2023

Tops Finished at Retreat

On Monday I posted about all the design wall activity from the retreat some friends and I went on a couple weeks ago. Now for Friday finish day, let's look at the finishes from retreat. 

Jean likes kits and Three Yard Quilts. She was able to get two tops completed. 


Edna finished a veteran's quilt top, which will be presented to her designated recipient at PC's veteran's luncheon in November. Those carefully pieced blocks are not part of the center panel.


Deb finished four of these Sparkler quadrants and finished her table topper top, but I only have the photo of the quadrant. The top really does look like fireworks. 


Maria finished her Friendship Star top. The charity kit had some miscut pieces, very frustrating for her, but she persevered and celebrated her first large quilt top finish. 


Nancy shopped for border fabric for her jelly roll project at the on-site shop, and found a teal print that harmonizes beautifully. She got this entire top pieced during the time we were at retreat. 


Teri made a modern pineapple pattern, and not only got all the blocks done, she got the top laid out and assembled as well. 


I had some blocks started from 2014 and I was able to lay them out, add sashing, and get the top assembled. This quilt has more of a story, so I'll give it its own post next week. 


And finally, a project that has been kitted up since 2014 and has gone with me on every retreat since, just in case I need an extra project. 


A very productive retreat! Everyone made progress on their projects, even though not all of them made it to the finished top stage. A great time was had by all. 

photo credit Sheila R


Link ups: Alycia QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric Addict



3 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful projects! I especially love the modern pineapples. I bet the Sparkler table topper is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really fun projects. That pineapple quilt is my favorite, but everyone's projects look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really fun and productive retreat!

    ReplyDelete