Friday, July 21, 2023

Scrappy Celebration 2 at Retreat

Last week Linda, Edna, and I (and 6 others) went on retreat to Ritter Ranch in southern AZ. We took our Scrappy Celebration 2 blocks so we could put them up on the design wall there and determine the layout. 

After several iterations and input from all the retreaters, I think this is the final layout we ended up with.  Or there might have been one more switch and I didn't get a photo. This will be twin bed size so it fills the large design wall. 

Linda started sewing the blocks together while we were there, but went on to work on her other projects. We have backing fabric for this version but it isn't pieced together yet. So, we still have a little bit of work to do yet on SC2.  Edna will try to book time on the long arm in August (I'm not eligible until the end of the month) and I'll help her quilt this one with an allover panto. 

Meanwhile Linda is quilting SC1 on her sit-down long arm and I can't wait to see it quilted. 

We've so enjoyed making SC1 and 2 that we're starting SC3, this time in patriotic colors for a veteran's quilt. Edna has an extensive patriotic stash; not so much Linda and me but we all share, and we bought more while we were at retreat. As was the case for versions 1 and 2, it's so fun pulling the fabrics together for this scrappy project. More on SC3 in future posts. 

This retreat was one of the best ever. I'm still going through the photos, so I'll post more about this retreat next week.  


Linking up with Finished or Not Friday at  Alycia Quilts

3 comments:

  1. I really love the colors used in SC2 and look forward to seeing SC3 come together. That's wonderful that this retreat was so good! Sounds like you've found a wonderful community. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a difficult task to pull a mixed bag of blocks together. I like the chains that appear in a few places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!! and now I can't wait to see your Patriotic one!!!

    ReplyDelete