This version, DJ2, gave me more trouble than my first version. I miscounted the number of pieces needed, had to make adjustments, and this version ended up a little larger at 65" square. Although it doesn't look flat and square in this photo, it actually is.
I like this version; these are my favorite colors, teal and coral.
I have fabric to piece a back for this so I can quilt it. I have a reservation on the long arm at the end of the month, but I have something else ready to quilt, so I don't know how soon I'll get DJ2 finished.
Might I make another Diabolical Jane quilt someday? Maybe. Now that I've made two of them, I keep seeing fabric combos that could work. For now, though, I think I'll give Jane a rest and focus on other projects.
Link Up: Alycia Quilts
PS: I looked for a post about my original Diabolical Jane and couldn't find one about the finished top except as part of my April retreat recap, so here's a photo of the top. It's actually quilted and finished now, so I'll have to photograph it and post it.
These are both fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting your teal Diabolical Jane finished. It's always interesting to see the same pattern made in two completely different color schemes. What catches your attention first in the teal one is very different than what the eye first sees in the purple/pink one. Both are great quilts.
ReplyDelete