Antler Dance Flimsy on the Design Wall
Not sure when I'll get this quilted, probably not until after January 1st. The plan is to spiral quilt it using the walking foot, starting from the center. At 72" square, this is as big as I can manage to spiral quilt on my domestic machine.
Now, I have a few questions for you. I've been invited to give a trunk show and talk about my book Cut and Shuffle Quilts to a local quilt guild next week. In addition to the book quilts, I also have patterns and their quilts to show. I also have other quilts, some older, some that - looking back - I can see are precursors to what I developed for the book or for patterns. You can see many of them in the Gallery tab above.
- What do you like quilters to talk about when they give a trunk show?
- Chronological order? Or book quilts first, then backtrack and show everything else?
- Should I include current WIPs that are finished flimsies but not quilted? (Includes the flying geese project and the two QF BOM tops that were finished in Sept. & Oct.)
- What question would you ask the quilter giving the trunk show?
- I keep a quilt journal; should I show it?
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times