I did buy fabric this week, a yard of Kona Bone to finish Antler Dance. The top is finished but I don't have a photo yet.
Also, since it was on sale for $3.99, I bought four yards of a harvest print to back a top I finished in September. That brown sunflower print looks pretty good for backing, especially with that leafy border, doesn't it:
IN this month: 8 yards (3 yds wide backing for KBFG, 1 yd Kona Bone, 4 yds harvest backing)
OUT this month: 14-7/8 yards (3/8 wonky stars; QF Main: 5.5 yds (gold sashing 1-1/4, white sashing 3/4, inner border 1/2, outer border 3); 2-1/2 yds orange C&S donation top & 1/2 yd for binding, 3-1/2 yds bone & 2-1/2 yds print for Antler Dance top)
Month net change: 6-7/8 yards out Whoo-hoo!
YTD IN: 136-1/4 yards
YTD OUT: 131-1/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 5-1/8 yards added to stash
Still hoping to break even for the year. I'm getting close!
1. Book signing at The Quilted Fox on October 4. DONE
2. Prep for teaching workshop. DONE
3. Finish piecing QF Main BOM Blocks flimsy including borders. DONE
4. Continue piecing Antler Dance. DONE - Finished top
5. Layer and pin baste one WIP. Not done, but cut/pieced/layered/basted/quilted orange donation quilt instead.
6. Query from Quilt Pattern Magazine about submitting a pattern: Investigate their requirements and decide if I want to submit something. Investigated; don't have anything suitable to submit right now.
7. Sew Me STL retreat Oct 24-25. Yes! Had a great time.
8. Teach Cut & Shuffle workshop Oct 24. DONE - It went well.
9. Keep up with Bee Blocks. Some are still in work, but finished the ginormous one with the badly written instructions at Sew Me STL.
1. Plan & prep for trunk show & program 11/9
2. Make fleece-backed lap quilt for dad
3. Start new Christmas stockings
4. Layer & baste at least one WIP
5. Keep up with bee blocks
Time to work on Christmas stuff. We need new stockings now that baby CJ is here. And I've decided to make a lap quilt using fleece or minkee for my dad, something tactile he can stroke. I'd better get busy!
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out the other stash reports over there.
You are so close on your in and out for this year. Even if you don't quite make it more out than in, you can definitely claim that you at least turned over significant stash fabric this year.ReplyDelete