Friday, August 14, 2015

Finished KBFG Flimsy

I didn't think I would get this finished this week, but I managed to get the last seams in this afternoon. So I dashed outside right away and snapped a couple of pics.
Finished flimsy
 
So many seams - this flimsy is heavy!
 
Stats:
 
78" wide, 90" long
 
Geese fabrics:
14 Kaffe Fasset prints, 7 batiks, 2 other 
5-3/4 yards  (1/4 yard per fabric)
 
Sky fabrics:
13 white ground prints, 4 yards
10 black ground prints, 3-1/4 yards
 
Total 46 different fabrics used
Total 13 yards.
 
 
Link ups: Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts. 

10 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with all of those flying geese! I really like the definition you have added to the quilt by using the dark background in certain rows. And what great fabrics- I bet it is even more beautiful up close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Congratulations on the finish and I am curious what you will do for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I really love the look of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! Lots of work and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the warm colours of this sensational quilt. Must try Kaffe Fasset fabrics again. I used them in my first ever quilt and found them a bit stretchy because of their looser weave which didn't help with accuracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this layout for Flying Geese. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful!! Congrats on a fabulous finished flimsy. I can't believe how quick this came together! Amazing, that's way more than a gaggle of geese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Congrats on the flimsy finish.

    ReplyDelete