Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Bee Blocks and More

Not much sewing has taken place since I finished the Heart Builders top. But I've been able to keep up with bee blocks, and due to scheduling reasons, they all seemed to come together now.

Because of scheduling issues, several Sew Bee It blocks are due in July.
- Plus blocks for Krista; she requested blue and provided the low volume backgrounds.
- I-Spy Economy blocks for Kerry in girly colors.
 - Giant HSTs for EM; she requested white or low volume with bright tone-on-tone or blenders, and I know purple is one of her favorite colors. It's actually a much brighter shade than the camera shows here.

The other blocks are mine:
- Winding Ways, which my hand Piecing Group friends are making for me. We'll meet here Tuesday next week and they'll bring back their blocks.
- My turn to hand out at Sew Bee It is July 14 so I'm prepping kits. We'll be making the Have Faith block designed by Jaime of L'Fair Quilts and featured for Hands2Help, tutorial here.

All these blocks have been made over the course of a couple months. They just seemed to all come together at the same time.

So why haven't I been sewing lately? Because of prep for, and clean up from, this:
The Second Annual Great Water Balloon and Splash Party



A very good time was had by all. The kids are already asking to do it again.


Linking up with Let's Bee Social at So Fresh Quilts - fitting, since this post is about bee blocks and a social event.

5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and how the splash party went. It looks like a lot of fun! It's interesting how things can really come together all at the same time. I bet it feels good to have the block commitments completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your splash party brought back memories that our family used to do these. Kids love water! except at bath time. I find keeping up with my bee block commitments challenging. I have every good intention at the beginning of the month but time goes quickly and all too soon, I'm scrambling and late with mailing them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the blocks, but sometimes a splash party is much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the July Sew Bee It Block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea for the kids and a great way to stay cool on a hot summer day. Lots of fun bee blocks too.

    ReplyDelete