It feels so good to say that!I pulled out all the fabrics from the red project to cut more parts, and made one last Dresden block. Now all 12 Dresdens are finished, for real now. This time I did not fussy cut the stripey print; the stripes run across the blades here instead of centered down the blade. No two of the Dresden blocks are alike.
And I'm making progress unstitching, re-pressing, and reassembling my Pickle Dish blocks. (story here) When I originally made these blocks and became confident of stitching the curves, I started using a smaller stitch length, about 1.8. So now as I'm unstitching four partial seams in each block, it's taking a lot of careful unpicking to remove those tiny stitches. But I'm making progress - 2/3 complete now, whoo-hoo!
So worth it, though - the seams are coming together nicely where the blocks intersect.
Slow and steady... This project doesn't have a deadline. I'm making it for me, for my own enjoyment. I'll get through this repair phase, and I'll be glad I took the time to fix the problem.
Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts
Enabling comments to emailReplyDelete
Slow and steady on both and great progress. Congratulations on finishing the last Dresden. 2/3rds complete on the pickle dish sounds like you have crested the hill! I like to carefully unpick my seams when I have to rip so that I have less mess to clean up from threads on the quilt top, and I bet it's helping to not distort your fabrics so that they come back together so nicely.ReplyDelete
It's always a bit frustrating to have to redo something, but I'm always glad I did. Hopefully you are almost finished with the repair work now.ReplyDelete
I love the way you are alternating your red Dresden blocks with the red/white postage stamp style blocks. I like your idea of snowballing the Dresden blocks too.ReplyDelete
Love the dresden! andyour pickle dish is really amazing!ReplyDelete