Friday, June 8, 2018

June N4Nb Top

Between repairing the Pickle Dish blocks and making the last Dresden block, I was in need of some mindless sewing, something simple and relaxing.

My friend passed along to me a Moda scrap bag. I took it thinking I would pass it along to another friend with traditional taste who works with scraps and strings.

Then when I opened it up, I realized it was off-cuts from making precuts. Lots of coordinated selvage strips, about 30" long and ranging from 2-1/2 to 3-1/2" wide. I could use them for a strippy Nurses for Newborns quilt for STLMQG. Very fitting since it was Marie from STLMQG who gave me the scrap bag.

I was able to cut most of the strips to a consistent 2-1/4" width with the selvage trimmed off. So I sewed them all together and now I have this top for my June N4Nb quilt.  It's slightly wider than the required size, so I might trim it down after quilting it.

The fabrics are very traditional but quite pretty, actually. The collection is Larkspur by 3 Sisters.

Not a bad result from this little scrap bag!

I'm sure I can find something in my stash that will work for backing and binding. I'll get it quilted and bound sometime this month and set it aside for the November N4Nb collection.

Meanwhile, back to the Pickle Dish blocks...


Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun, fast, and productive bit of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really quite pretty, and someone is going to feel special getting it. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindless sewing is so relaxing. Congrats on getting an almost finish out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics are very sweet! That's one of the great things about charity sewing: you can use fabrics that aren't your taste but someone else will absolutely love them :)
    louise dot hornor at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all in need of mindless sewing once in a while. I've often wondered what was in a scrap bag. It looks like you got a good one!

    ReplyDelete