Between repairing the Pickle Dish blocks and making the last Dresden block, I was in need of some mindless sewing, something simple and relaxing.
My friend passed along to me a Moda scrap bag. I took it thinking I would pass it along to another friend with traditional taste who works with scraps and strings.
Then when I opened it up, I realized it was off-cuts from making precuts. Lots of coordinated selvage strips, about 30" long and ranging from 2-1/2 to 3-1/2" wide. I could use them for a strippy Nurses for Newborns quilt for STLMQG. Very fitting since it was Marie from STLMQG who gave me the scrap bag.
I was able to cut most of the strips to a consistent 2-1/4" width with the selvage trimmed off. So I sewed them all together and now I have this top for my June N4Nb quilt. It's slightly wider than the required size, so I might trim it down after quilting it.
The fabrics are very traditional but quite pretty, actually. The collection is Larkspur by 3 Sisters.
Not a bad result from this little scrap bag!
I'm sure I can find something in my stash that will work for backing and binding. I'll get it quilted and bound sometime this month and set it aside for the November N4Nb collection.
Meanwhile, back to the Pickle Dish blocks...
Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict