The traditional guild I belong to, CSQ, is making baby quilts for an organization that supports military families called Operation Shower. They provide amazing baby showers to expectant families of service members.
Baby quilts and donation quilts are right up my alley, so I'm already working on my first one for them. A couple weeks ago I showed the top, featuring these cute fabrics. Since Operation Shower may not know how many baby boy quilts or girl quilts they need, I figured a gender-neutral palette would be good.
Well, now the top is a finished quilt, all quilted, bound and labeled.
I had almost enough of the stripe for the backing. The last bit of the geometric print extended the length to just enough. This quilt is about 39 x 45", a good baby quilt size.
The quilting is just SID around the inner border, and a simple medium meander everywhere else. After a spin through the washer and dryer, it'll show the texture better, but you can see some texture already.
The labels were screen printed onto muslin by a member of our group.
There wasn't quite enough of the green dot left for binding, so I found an orange strip in my scrap bin that would work and spliced it in. This quilt used up all of the stripe and all of the remnants of geometric print, light orange, and green dot in my stash, and almost all of the dark orange. Whoo-hoo, now I can think about doing some fabric shopping to refresh my stash!
I'll hand this quilt off to the person coordinating the baby quilt drive when I see her in a couple weeks. I'm sure this won't be the last quilt I make for Operation Shower!
Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
That quilt is soooo cute! Someone is going to love it! Operation Shower is a wonderful cause too!ReplyDelete
How awesome to use up stash fabric so well in this lovely quilt!ReplyDelete
Very cute! It always feels good to use up those odds and ends left in the stash.ReplyDelete