Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October Stash Report and Goals Update

October has been a busy month, but it sure feels like I did a lot! What I haven't mentioned on the blog here is that I was on vacation for a week, a road trip through Tennessee to the Great Smokey Mountains, Asheville NC, and Kentucky bourbon country. Seeing the Biltmore mansion was on my bucket list. Other than travelling, let's see what I got done this month and how the stash report looks.

October Stash Report: 
IN this month: 11 yards (STLMQG Retreat - 1 yard.  QOV star print, 10 yards.)
OUT this month: 20 yards (Propeller top (my blocks only) 2-1/2 yards.  Sports Plus top, 3-1/2 yards.  October N4Nb quilt, 2-1/4 yards.  CSQ baby quilt, 2-1/4 yards for top, 1-3/8 yards for back, 3/8 yards for binding.  Org Tute N4Nb quilt, 2-1/4 yards.  Backing for Snake QOV, 5-1/5 yards.)

IN YTD: 116-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 126-1/8 yards
YTD Net Change:  9-7/8 yards OUT

Since my goal is to break even or reduce the stash for the year, I'm doing fine. A local shop is having their FQ sale next week, so I'm sure there'll be some additions to the stash in November.

CSQ Operation Shower Baby Quilt

Goals Update: 

October Recap: 
1. Prep and pack for STLMQG retreat. DONE, and had fun while there!
2. Piece at least one donation quilt top at retreat from parts already prepped. DONE - finished two tops, Propeller and Sports Plus. 
3. Finish baby quilt for Operation Shower for CSQ. DONE
4. Make another Nurses for Newborns quilt. DONE
5. Set blocks together for the Red Project. One row seam to go; it's due Saturday, so I have time to finish. I'm counting this DONE. 
6. If time permits, prep backing, layer and baste Pickle Dish. Not done.
7. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE

Other:
1. Ordered fabric for a new QOV and pieced a backing for the Snake QOV made with friends.
2. Planned a blog post about how I organize my projects for piecing and pieced an extra N4Nb quilt to illustrate it; quilted and finished the extra N4Nb quilt.
Extra N4Nb quilt made to illustrate my

Retreat was so much fun and I got two tops pieced for donation quilts:
Propeller top pieced at retreat, bee blocks made by 
Sew Bee It friends

Sports Plus donation quilt top pieced at retreat


November Goals:
1. Make one last Nurses for Newborns quilt for November; due Nov. 10.
2. Prep backing, layer and baste Pickle Dish.
3. Make another Operation Shower baby quilt for CSQ.
4. Add first border to Red Project top.
5. Look at UFOs and determine what to work on and/or what to do with some of them.
6. Deliver donation quilts to their respective organizations.
7. Hand sew on WIGSP Piecing Group project.
8. Keep up with bee blocks

That should keep me busy. The sewing room is a bit of a mess so I need to spend some time tidying up in there, too.

October Nurses for Newborns quilt
made from scraps from grandson's big boy bed quilt



Link up: Sew Fresh Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment