Friday, January 11, 2019

Paddington Bear for Operation Shower

I'm still keeping up with my goal to piece and/or quilt one top or quilt per month for donation to a charitable cause. I had planned to quilt Mercyful Plus, but I can't baste it until I can move the furniture out of the dining room, and I can't move the table until I finish the 2000 piece puzzle that's driving me crazy.

So, Plan B for this month's donation quilt is another baby quilt for Operation Shower. I'm using this soft Paddington Bear print and some coordinates.

It's nothing special, just some simple piecing. The top finishes at 42 x 42".

The pale grey, yellow, and coral colors are gender-neutral, but the plaid reads "boy" to me. Either way, it's suitable for a baby shower for the family of a military service member.

I have almost enough of the plaid left for the backing, so I'll piece in a strip of the bear print to make it big enough. I don't think I'll get this top quilted this month, but that's okay. I'll bind the quilt with the coral when the time comes.



Link up: Confessions of a Fabric Addict

4 comments:

  1. What a great quilt top. The plaid is a great print and I can see definitely envision a child loving this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That diagonal plaid gives the impression of a pieced block. Simple but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Yvonne and Libby that the plaid is really what brings this top up a notch. Is it printed diagonally, or did you cut it on the bias? Either way, it really adds movement and interest. I'll have to remember that as a technique for simple patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very generous aiming to make one quilt per month for charity. My kids loved red, so I'm sure someone will love this one. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete