I thought I had a plan for these fabrics in cute boy colors. I had two FQs of the X print and three FQs of the dotty print, and I wanted to feature the X print.
The plan was based on this, but not exactly.
Measure twice, cut once is good advice if I would have paid attention. And if I would have calculated correctly. You know where this is going, right?...
I cut parts that turned out to be incompatible. The three small squares in the sashing, when joined, were longer than the size of my cut squares. I didn't want to unsew all the sashings and recut the squares down to a smaller size, so I added coping strips to the outsides of my large squares. Very skinny coping strips - the colored frames will finish at 3/8" wide.
Here's the revised plan, with parts just stuck on the wall so I could distribute the colors.
Okay, this works. When sewn, it'll be 37-1/2" by 47-1/2", a good size for a baby quilt. It's actually more interesting with the framed boxes than it would have been with just plain squares.
When I get around to quilting it, maybe I'll quilt spirals in the large boxes. Or some sort of motif. The framed boxes look like they should feature something.