Friday, August 14, 2020

Not Quite a Finish Yet

The Treehouse Party quilt is quilted, but not bound. I used a large meander to keep it soft and drapey. The backing is flannel, so this should be a cuddly quilt after it's washed. 

I thought I had enough of the stripe to bind it. Turns out I have less than a quarter yard, plus some off-cuts from the sashing. I checked the green, and I have a little more than a quarter yard. I need 5-1/2 WOF strips. I really wanted the stripe. Grrr.....

I might possibly be able to make it work if I make self-piping binding, but I need to research the widths to cut and calculate if I have enough fabric to make it work. I would want the stripe for the majority of the visible binding and the green for the piping. Wish me luck! 


Friday Link Ups: 
Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Alycia Quilts

4 comments:

  1. Piping might just squeak out and work. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should work because, counter intuitively, the piping actually is the wider strip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I hate it when a binding plan falls thru!! Here's hoping you find a way to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck!!! Math is not my strong point these days... I think the heat fried my internal calculator haha!

    ReplyDelete