Friday, March 11, 2022

Blue Strip Flimsy from Carla's Box

 I've been writing about this one for awhile.... It was inspired by Carla's leftovers. She passed me a box of donated fabrics, and this is one of the quilts coming from that magical box. 

Now the top is finally finished and the backing is pieced. The top finished at about 57" wide by 72" long, a good size for an adult throw. 


 It was so windy when I was trying to take photos that I had to weight down the bottom of the flimsy so it wouldn't flap around so much. The colors look pretty true in this photo. 

The border fabric is something I've had in my stash for awhile; it might have come from another quilter's destashing or a fabric swap because I don't recall purchasing it. For unity, I used a bit of it within the strips knowing I'd use it for the borders. I eked out every last inch of it. 

Some indoor shots, without the wind:


The next step is to book time on PCQ's long arm and find an experienced helper so I can get it quilted. 


Link ups: Alycia Quilts, TGIFF


1 comment:

  1. You've obviously enjoyed playing with those scraps, and the result is very fun! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete