Tuesday, March 1, 2022

No Shame Train: Winding Ways

I've mentioned before the sub-group of PebbleCreek Quilters that encourages UFO finishes, called No Shame Train. One of my older UFOs is a Winding Ways project that was a bee project back in about 2017 or so. 

It was planned for a donation baby quilt of 25 blocks with colors placed in such a way that they made circles. I had pieced a few blocks myself, and handed out baggies with one block kit in each to the girls in the bee. After I got the blocks back from the girls, I only had 23 baggies of blocks plus one unpieced block cut out. 

Grrrr, one missing. The fabric was mostly scraps to begin with, so I didn't have any more fabric to cut another block. 24 blocks out of 25 needed and no more fabric meant the project was stuck. 

The girls in No Shame Train suggested a 24 block layout but I didn't think I could make it work given the color placement within the blocks I had. But I pulled them out and put them on the design wall anyway to see what I could do with them. 

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found that one of the baggies had two finished blocks in it! 😀No block missing after all. 


So my No Shame Train goal for March is to piece that last block and assemble the flimsy. The blocks are hand pieced, but I'll machine sew them together. It'll be nice to bust this UFO!


Link up: Quilt Fabrication

4 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt….I love the off center circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this comes together and so happy you found the missing piece(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the secondary pattern. Someone will be very lucky to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the secondary or maybe primary colorful circles jump out. Must fee good to get another UFO completed. Wish I could get to some of mine and stop finding new patterns I want to try. Need to break that habit.

    ReplyDelete