Friday, March 4, 2022

February Stash Report and Goals Update

February was a crazy busy month and I just realized I haven't posted my monthly recap. I accomplished a lot, but I really pushed to do so and wore myself out. 

I pieced teaching samples for a couple more of my charity patterns, using some of my own fabric and some of PCQ's fabric. I went shopping with friends to a local quilt shop's sale and of course some fabric had to come home with me. No immediate purpose, just stash enhancement. Even so, my stash report is looking good. 

Basketweave teaching sample top, my fabrics

Spinner teaching sample top, combo of my fabrics and PCQ's fabrics

February Stash Report: 

IN this month: 3 yards (35th Ave. sale)
OUT this month: 9-5/8 yards (Basketweave top, all my fabrics, est. 3-1/4 yards.  Spinner top, my light fabric and a few of the darks, 2 yards. Binding for Cabbage Rose tumblers, 3/4 yard. Binding for Sock Monkey Plus, 3/4 yard. New teaching sample for Charity Quilt for Kids, 2-7/8 yards)

IN YTD: 5-1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 16-1/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 10-3/4 yards out

My goals for February were a bit too ambitious and I couldn't get everything done that I had on my list. Plus I added a project at the end of the month that wasn't on the list. In addition, my work with the charity committee has taken some time, including prep for sew days and writing patterns. 

Sock Monkey Plus donation quilt

Goals Update: 

February Recap: 

1. Finish the third PCQ charity quilt teaching sample top. DONE, Basketweave

2. Make the fourth PCQ charity quilt sample top. DONE, Spinner

3. Bind and label the Sock Monkey Plus donation quilt. DONE

4. Finish the blue floral strip top from Carla's box. DONE. Backing is also pieced and ready to quilt. 

5. If possible, bind the Cabbage Rose Tumblers donation quilt (awaiting quilting by someone in PCQ) DONE

6. Quilt something on the club's long arm. No.

7. Assemble the coral snake blocks into a flimsy and make backing. No, not touched. 

8. Participate in the No Shame Train and make progress on a UFO.  Yes, found the "missing" block for Winding ways so I can move it along. 

Other: Made another charity Quilt for Kids teaching sample in a size and color palette our local family services agency can use. Story and photos in a future post. 

It seems I don't have a photo and haven't blogged about finishing the blue floral strip top. I'll have to take photos and post about it next week. 

March Goals: 

1. Finish prepping kits and lead the project for PCQ Charity Sew Day on Feb. 12.

2. Quilt the blue strip top, bind and finish the quilt. 

3. Finish Winding Ways top for No Shame Train.

4. Assemble the coral snake blocks into a flimsy.

Only four goals on the list for March... I have some non-quilty things going on this month and family will be visiting, so I'm keeping the goals much more manageable this month. 

Winding Ways UFO, goal is to finish the flimsy in March

It seems I'm a little behind in blogging, so I'll catch up with the stories of the blue floral strip project and the new Kid Quilt teaching sample in upcoming posts. I'm hoping March won't be as crazy busy as the last few weeks have been!


Link Up: Finished  - or not! - Friday at Alycia Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Given that February was a short month, I think you did very well.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete