IN this month: 4.875 yards, all except 1/4 yard acquired with specific purposes in mind, and already used.
OUT this month: 12 yards (Collection Challenge Plus: Backing 4-1/2 yards; binding 5/8 yard. Fidget Quilt: 3/8 yd. Show ribbon: 1/4 yard. Binding test potholder: 1/4 yd. Gramercy & Friends: backing 5 yds; binding 1 yard.)
Month Net Change: 7-1/8 yards used
IN YTD: 112-3/8 yards
OUT YTD: 94-1/2 yards
YTD Net Change: 18-1/4 yards added to stash
Moving in the right direction this month but still a ways to go to break even for the year. Some WIPs could make it to the flimsy stage in August, and I'd like to get at least one WIP or UFO quilted and bound, so maybe I'll be able to count out more in August. We'll see.
Collection Challenge Plus
Gramercy & Friends
1. Organize Flying Geese project to work on at quilt camp. DONE: organized and in work.
2. Make award ribbon for CSQ, due 7/21. DONE
3. Make fidget quilt for CSQ, due 7/21. DONE
4. Piece backing for Collection Plus quilt. DONE
5. Layer/baste/quilt/bind Collection Plus quilt before 8/8. DONE
6. Keep up with bee blocks, including resolving the problem from May. No Sew Bee It meeting this month so no new block and May problem not resolved. Other bee block & BOM done.
7. If Gramercy & Friends comes back from the quilter, bind and finish it. DONE
Other: Cut & organized a simple donation quilt to piece at camp if I get the flying geese project done. Uses basketball fabric so it should be good for a teen boy.
All in all, July was a very good month for both the stash report and the goals. Hopefully August will be equally productive!
1. Piece Flying Geese blocks into completed top
2. Piece basketball donation quilt top
3. Layer, baste, quilt, & bind one quilt (one of the above, or last year's bee project)
4. Decide on layout for QF BOM blocks and organize as needed for piecing in September. May need add'l fabric.
5. Keep up with bee blocks & resolve the problem from May.
So what do you have planned for August?
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times. Check out everyone else's stash management progress over there.
Post a Comment