Monday, August 10, 2015

Design Wall Monday 8/10/15

Actually we'll have to refer back to the design floor at camp for my design wall:
Design floor at quilt camp

My flying geese project is laid out on a flannel-backed table cloth in the photo above. To bring it home, I simply rolled it up. I haven't had a chance to get back to it, but I'm hoping to have time to work on it this week.
"Design floor" all rolled up

I do have other priorities on my to-do list, though. I have to get the label and the hanging sleeve on Gramercy before Tuesday next week. I'll be entering Gramercy & Friends and Broken Chevron into a show this fall. Since I'll be away on the day the quilts have to be turned in, someone else will take them for me, and I have to give them to her Tuesday night.

I also have to work on a project using this palette:
Fabri-Quilt Challenge fabrics
 
I signed up for the Fabri-Quilt Block Design Blog Hop (there's a mouthful!). These are the fabrics from Fabri-Quilt that each designer is using. My date to post my block and tutorial is September 2. I need to get busy and design something.
I also have some administrative stuff and some outside appointments going on this week, so I don't know how much progress I'll make in the sewing room.

What do you have on your plate this week? Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for design wall inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. I Love all those flying geese. Congrats on having two of your quilts in a show. I am supposed to be designing a block as well and mine is due September 1st. I have not been able to sew much as we have been doing alot of work on our house. Today we are getting vinyl flooring in kitchen. My entire kitchen with appliances is now in my living room and spills over into my sewing room office. The puppy and I are trapped in here so I think I will cut out some fabric for future projects. I look forward to seeing more of your flying geese quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will be able to see your quilts on display; that is really nice someone will be able to drop them off for you. I am also really eager to see what everyone comes up with for the block blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have to use all the fabrics in just one block? I know you'll come up with something stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great solids!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this has such a cohesive color scheme with so many different fabrics!

    ReplyDelete