Monday, October 28, 2013

DWM 10/28/2013: My MQU Block

Remember when I was so excited that my block design had been chosen as one of twelve finalists in Modern Quilts Unlimited's  Fresh Designer 2013 Block Challenge?

I can show you my block now! The winning block & quilt were featured in the Fall 2013 issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine. The two runners up will be featured in the winter and spring issues.  My block is not a winner, but I'm honored to have been selected as a finalist, and I'm enjoying my subscription to the magazine.  Thank you, MQU!

And now  - Ta-da! I can show you my block, called Running Around:
Running Around
(c) 2013 Jan Ochterbeck

As soon as I get a chance, I'll post the tutorial for it. 

Nothing on my design wall today; the designing going on around here right now is for bathroom remodeling. Someone is coming out to measure later this morning, and another company is coming Wednesday, so they can give us quotes. So I'm busy cleaning and can't spend much time on the computer this morning. Wish me luck with this whole bathroom project!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out what everyone has on their design walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment