IN this month: 3-3/4 yards (Sale FQs - 2 yds; Sale FQs w/Libby, 1 yd; 3/4 yd brown for binding for MLS)
OUT this month: 4-5/8 yards (Backing for Maple Leaf Star- 2-3/8 yds; Binding for MLS - 5/8 yd; donated neutral strips for Gwen's QOV group - 1-3/8 yds; doll clothes - 1/4 yd)
Month net change: 7/8 yard out
YTD IN: 70-7/8 yards
YTD OUT: 75-5/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 4-3/4 yards out. Yay, still in the black for the year!!!
1. Write and post 12 Days of Christmas in July tutorial, to go live 7/21. DONE
2. Prep PAussietivity & its backing and take to the long armer. DONE. Not only that, yesterday it came back from the long armer, ready to be bound and finished.
3. Plan and write up secret project, a collaboration with Alycia for later. Planned and written. Cut lots of pieces and started secret sewing.
4. Work on Laurie's baby quilt. IN PROGRESS
5. Layer, baste, and quilt QF 2015 alternate blocks quilt. NOT TOUCHED AT ALL.
6. If returned from the quilter, finish SID quilting and bind Maple Leaf Star. DONE
7. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
8. Make one doll outfit or accessory item. DONE, not photographed yet
When I wrote the July goals, I didn't know if Maple Leaf Star would come back from the quilter yet. It did, so I was able to complete the SID quilting and bind it. That, and a Heart Builder project that came up unexpectedly last week prevented me from working on the QF 2015 alternate blocks quilt. Due to some pressing deadlines, the QF 2015 alternate blocks quilt will have to wait until September.
1. Bind, label, and add sleeve to PAussietivity & deliver to LQS for class sample by Aug 5.
2. Work on secret project, collaboration w/ Alycia, to be ready to post by Sept 1.
3. Finish Laurie's baby quilt top.
4. Make top for Heart Builders for My Stuff Bag (from Stash Builder Box).
5. Keep up with bee blocks
6. Make one doll outfit or accessory
I signed up to be a top piecer for Heart Builders. Sponsored by Stash Builder Box, Heart Builders are volunteers who piece tops, or quilt, or bind & finish quilts for My Stuff Bags for kids in foster care. Last week fabric arrived for my first top, and I get to make any pattern I want. I can add add any fabric from my stash if I want to. I received a yard of this green print and a yard of solid white.
Fabric from Heart Builders to piece a top for My Stuff Bags
Linking up with Patchwork Times
At least I wasn't too bad an influence on you! I look forward to seeing what you do with the green fabric. Lots of nice colors to work with there.ReplyDelete
Yeah for being in the black! Good luck with your August goals.ReplyDelete
The Heart Builders program is so amazing; I look forward to seeing what you do with the fabric.ReplyDelete