Monday, July 11, 2016

Maple Leaf Star Quilting

Maple Leaf Star is back from the long armer, but now it's my turn to finish the quilting.
Maple Leaf Star, partially quilted

My talented friend Sandy does custom long arm work. She's so popular that her wait list is usually about nine months! Together we had a plan for this quilt. She basted it and custom quilted the motif in the blocks. She also quilted the borders by following the shapes of the paisley print. I'll quilt the sashing with stitch-in-the-ditch using my walking foot. Since the quilt is fully stabilized, I can get the stitching down into the ditch better on my domestic machine. But since I can't FMQ, there's no way I could have managed the blocks or the border. So, a collaborative quilting effort.
Detail, Maple Leaf Star

One of my goals for this month is to get this finished and bound, so I need to clear space in my sewing room and get busy.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out other design walls over there.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to collaborate with your LAQ! This quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to be able to collaborate with a friend. I hope you enjoy getting to finish this quilt this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan, a bit there and a bit with you. Good luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete