Friday, July 29, 2016

More Log Cabin Triangles

 A couple weeks ago I had Log Cabin Triangles (LCTs) on my design wall.

I was talking with my friend Gwen about an upcoming project, and she invited me to work with her small quilting group. Gwen and some of her coworkers at Scottrade of St. Louis make Quilts of Valor, with the approval and sponsorship of Scottrade. Yesterday I had the privilege of sewing with them and sharing my Log Cabin Triangles block. We were pattern-testing the instructions for an upcoming project, which I'll be able to reveal in September.

Look at all these blocks we got done in just a short time! Gwen had all the pieces pre-cut, and I brought along some pre-cut background pieces as well, so we were able to get right into sewing.

One of the best things about sewing with others is how ideas feed off one another. One of the participants yesterday, Lenore, envisioned the LCT block using Kaffe Fasset fabrics with black & white prints. How inspiring! So after a few clicks in EQ, here's a rendering of what it could look like.

Don't you just love it when quilters get together and inspire each other?!

Linking up today with Whoop Whoop Friday over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, because the opportunity to sew with and be inspired by other quilters is certainly whoop-worthy!

1 comment:

  1. Sewing with others can be such a wonderful treat! Great progress on blocks and a neat new design idea are probably only small, physical portions of what you received from being with them. :)

    ReplyDelete